Worms is very common, especially among children. According to the world health organization every year these parasites infects about 1 billion people. This process is called helminthic infestation or helminthiasis. Is it possible to prevent the entry of worms into the body of the child? And what if in the face all the symptoms of worm infestation?
Prevention of infection with worms
What can be done to protect the child from getting worms? Preventive actions include the following:
- Observance of rules of personal hygiene. The child should know that after the streets and visits to the toilet should wash their hands, you need to care for the nails, not biting them to wash their hands before eating. It is also important to regularly take a shower, change the baby bedding and underwear. Worms love the dirt we need to remember this. A lot of them in the sandbox, so it is important to tell your child that there is sand and just take in your mouth is impossible.
- Compliance with the rules of use of food products. Vegetables and fruits should be thoroughly washed, the meat is subjected to sufficient heat treatment. To catch worms and infect their children run the risk of fans of smoked foods, dried fish. Water should be boiled or filtered before given to the child.
- Compliance with the rules of keeping Pets, if any.
Symptoms of worm infestation
About bot show such signs in the child’s behavior:
- Poor appetite or, conversely, it is an improvement.
- Uncontrollable sugar cravings.
- Sleep problems: anxiety, cries, crying, nightmares, throwing on the bed.
- Nausea, vomiting.
- Constipation, bloating.
- Abdominal pain, which intermittently appears and disappears.
- The reduction of weight.
- Itching in the anus.
- Skin rashes.
- Allergic reactions, which did not exist before.
- Low-grade fever (slight, but stable increase of body temperature without any signs of illness).
- Cough, especially at night.
- Persistent disease, relapse.
All this suggests that the body is exhausted by the influence of parasites and requires assistance.
What to do to cure worm infestation?
To help cope with the pediatrician. There is more specialization – gelmintology, but such experts are not in every village.
First, what do you suggest I make a doctor to get tested. On analysis it seems to feces and/or blood from a vein. It should be understood that the tests are falsely negative, especially fecal. Therefore, if the symptoms persist, the diagnosis is carried out again. Sometimes it happens that the doctor almost completely sure of the presence of worms, and the tests did not confirm this. Then he can make the decision on whether preventive treatment against pinworms and ascarids, which are the most common.
Before treatment you need to drink a sorbent and choleretic drug, it takes 3 to 5 days. After that admission it antinematodal agents on prescription. About other individual characteristics of treatment also will tell the doctor.
Ignore the worms, the child cannot, because they undermine the functioning of the immune system that cause symptoms of General intoxication. Therefore, the best time to deal with the problem and adhere to all possible preventive measures to protect your child from parasites.