Dandruff is a common problem that can affect people at any time. And there is a pattern that dandruff often begins to bother a person in the winter. Why is this happening and what can be done to overcome the disease?
The factors that trigger the appearance of dandruff
Dandruff is predominantly a fungal infection of the scalp, the main symptom of which is the increased intensity of the detachment of flakes of the scalp. Normal natural exfoliation of the scalp every 25-30 days, but with dandruff, this happens more often.
Why in the winter we are concerned about dandruff? The answer is simple – because of the temperature difference outside and inside. Scalp not have time to adapt to the environmental factors, the blood vessels constrict, blood circulation deteriorates, vitamins and nutrients don’t enter the body fully. Besides, in the winter reduces the natural moisture level of the scalp and hair, which also triggers dandruff.
Thus, the factors that can affect the appearance of dandruff, the following:
- Hypothermia of the scalp, the temperature difference.
- Fungus. Through a natural decline in immunity in winter, can occur fungal infection of the scalp. It is through the failure in the growth of cells, their unequal sharing and bonding between them, which causes dandruff.
- Violation of metabolism.
- Improper operation of the sebaceous glands.
- Too frequent use of hair dryer, hair straightener, hair dry it.
- The violation of personal hygiene.
- An improper diet.
- Genetic predisposition to dandruff.
- Hormonal disturbances.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
How to get rid of dandruff in winter?
If dandruff is still there, it should be addressed as follows:
- With the help of prescribed a special shampoo. The problem of dandruff does doctor trichologist and dermatologist. Shampoo can have active components with anti-fungal, antibacterial effect, it can be disinfected and decontaminated, to normalize the sebaceous glands. To choose their own shampoo is not recommended, because only a professional can recommend a tool that will really help, based on the reasons for the occurrence of dandruff.
- Full and to eat right, getting food all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
- To properly care for your hair, not to dry, not to SuperCool the scalp.
Prevention of dandruff in winter
It is important to remember the ways to prevent dandruff in winter. These include the following recommendations:
- Should be avoided as hypothermia and overheating of the head, do not forget about the headdress on the street when cold.
- Need to wash your hair with room temperature water, hot water leads to additional dryness of the hair.
- Do not get too often use varnishes and gels for hair in winter.
- You need to humidify the air in the room where you are for a long period of time during the day.
- Should not daily to dry hair, to make styling with flat irons. Is it too dry.
- Properly, a complete and nutritious to eat.
- We must not forget about the rest, stress is one of the factors that cause dandruff.
- You need to moisturize the body from the inside, drink plenty of still water.
Dandruff is a cosmetic and medical problem that is particularly acute in winter. If you take all preventive measures, it may not appear. However, in the case of dandruff better to consult a doctor who will advise you on how to get rid of the problem.