Everyone is looking forward to a hot summer and a holiday to enjoy a relaxing holiday on the French Riviera and sunbathing. However, the desire to get a sexy bronze tan will succeed – those who spend all day on the beach, starry nights with the pain and come home with burns.
Is it possible to prevent sunburns in our day, when the ozone layer is not as a reliable protection against the devastating effects of the sun’s UV rays? Cosmetologists and dermatologists believe that to get a nice tan without skin trauma it’s possible, if you strictly observe safety precautions.
What is the sun?
Sunburn is a change in skin color (darkening) under the influence of ultraviolet rays. Darkening of the skin occurs due to the formation and accumulation in the lower layers of skin specific pigment melanin. This substance is beginning to intensively develop under the influence of ultraviolet radiation, while the influence of infrared rays one feels only warm on the skin. Melanin, absorbing ultraviolet rays, causing the skin to change color, becomes a defensive reaction – it protects the deeper layers of the skin and internal organs from the sun burn.
The risk of sunburn depends on the range of ultraviolet rays and the duration of stay under their direct impact. Thus, the range of UVB (medium range 315 nm – 280 nm) waves, which partially reach the earth’s surface, stimulates formation of melanin, can be locked protective equipment, and the least dangerous for a person who is moderately tans. But the UVA range (wavelength range 400 nm – 315 nm) waves that reach the Ground, and not locked protective equipment, already poses a clear threat to human health, often causing not only premature skin aging, sunburn, and melanoma – skin cancer. So even a short stay under the influence of such rays is very dangerous to humans, the only protection was the clothes.
It is important to note that the degree and speed of tan is the notion of a purely individual associated with the genetic characteristics of the organism. For example, brunettes with dark skin, whose ancestors constantly lived under the influence of sunlight (Africa, Latin America, etc.), originally adapted to the sun, so I tan quickly and with virtually no skin problems. While fair-skinned Blonds, blonde and redheads are more sensitive to UV light the skin, so they need longer to sunbathe in the sun, while not forgetting about caution. Otherwise, the likely burns, age spots, herpes, melanoma, cataract etc.
Thus, the tan of the person predetermined by heredity. However, the degree of protection depends on the person, its reasonableness and adherence to safety standards.
How to protect your skin from sun burn?
The owners of the chocolate from the skin nature is sometimes a joke: representatives of Caucasian race can be easily recognized on the beach by the characteristic red color of the skin. However, this stubbornness often ends sun burn. Those who dream of a beautiful and pain-free bronze tan, you need to remember and use the advice of dermatologists.
1. Protective cream. Beauticians recommend that all holders porcelain skin in the summer to buy a sunscreen with SPF-filters on the fat content with a high level (the greater the SPF filter is indicated on the package, the greater the protection) even if you are going to the beach. After all, dangerous UV rays await us everywhere. You need to apply the cream on exposed skin for half an hour before leaving the house – that the cream has time to absorb. If you have forgotten to put the protective cream, it is advisable to stay in the shade or cover wear. If you forgot the protective cream at home and have a rest far from civilization, a reliable defense would be a strong tea brew.
2. Protective cosmetics. For people with light, hypersensitive and prone to irritation skin must have summer makeup bag – with a special sun-protection cosmetics: eye shadow, powder, concealer, mascara with SPF-filters. If the sun is better to abandon the makeup and use only means of medical cosmetics. Definitely need to protect the lips from the crackling and dryness. This is perfect and hygienic lipstick and the moisturizing Shine and oil.
3. Clothing. Even if the beach is within walking distance, not worth the risk to go in a bathing suit. You need to protect your skin with light clothes. For reference: dry synthetic fabric passes up to 15%, and natural cotton to 6% of UV rays. And wet clothing increases the risk of burn 2 times. In summer it is advisable to wear clothes of bright colors and white, which reflects sunlight and helps maintain normal body temperature. That is why Bedouins in the desert can be found in the white outfits. But black, on the contrary, attracts the sun. Therefore, the only black item of the summer wardrobe has to be a swimsuit. His main attribute is the headpiece, the ideal – straw hat with a wide brim that limit the access of rays to the body and face.
4. Drying. No matter how pleasant and healthy, on the one hand, nor were water treatments, spend all the time in the river or sea is impossible. Otherwise, the risk of burns increases. Because water attracts the sun’s rays, which can penetrate up to 20 m depth. So enjoy a dip in the water need no more than 15-20 minutes and after that wipe skin with a towel and re-grease protective cream. Otherwise drops of water remaining on the body, dragged the sun’s rays; under the gun will be moles, direct sun exposure which threatens to melanoma.
5. Sunglasses. Sultry summer to appear on the street without dark, reflecting the sun’s rays glasses in any case impossible. Because high risk is not only the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, but burn, conjunctivitis, cataract.
6. Time for sunbathing. The most active and, one might say, the sun at noon, when there is maximum risk of sunstroke and sunburn. Doctors recommend walking on the beach from 7:00 to 10:00 and 16:00 to 19:00, when the sun formed carefully and gradually, providing only benefits to the body – for example, enriching it with vitamin D. Note that it is not necessary to sunbathe all the time. People with sensitive skin are allowed to stay under the direct influence of the sun is not more than 2 hours a day. Actually, stand or lay in the sun, preferably for 10-15 minutes, then have to hide in the shade under an umbrella. The main thing – not to fall asleep on the beach, otherwise you can Wake up the pain from the sun burn.
In conclusion, recall that elderly people, pregnant women, children under 2 years of age and to patients suffering from tuberculosis, lupus, certain heart diseases, thyroid zelezarnica baths are contraindicated. Such people allow sunbathing can only be the attending physician.
By following these simple rules of tanning, you can avoid the burn and get only pleasant experience in the sun.