Infertility is a painful diagnosis for a couple who wants to have children. Today it is proven that problems with reproductive function in men meet as often as the women. This means that about male infertility you need to know and understand how to deal with it, if there is such a problem.
What you should know about male infertility?
A man’s ability to impregnate a woman depends on the quality and quantity of semen, which he selects during sexual intercourse. Every second in the male body produces more than thousands of sperm, this process is continuous from the moment of puberty till death. However, unfortunately, there are diseases and adverse factors that cause failures in it.
So, male infertility often occurs because:
- the violation of the mobility and viability of sperm cells;
- a sharp reduction in the number of sperm produced by the body;
- violation promotion of spermatozoa in the seminiferous ways.
The most common causes of male infertility
To these problems with semen can give the following reasons and factors:
- Varicocele is a pathology that occurs because of varicose veins of the spermatic cord. Because of this disrupted the normal functioning of the testes, increases their temperature and causes damage sperm.
- Injuries and certain congenital and acquired defects of the male genital organs: popushina, twisting testicles and the like.
- Communicable diseases: gonorrhea, syphils, chlamydia, mumps.
- Inflammation of the male urogenital organs, the prostate.
- Sexual disorders: erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and so on.
- Problems with the immune system where the body produces substances that damage the sperm.
- Hormonal disorders, for example, the testosterone deficiency.
- External factors: alcohol, Smoking, drugs, certain medicines, poor environment, tight clothing, especially underwear.
Symptoms and diagnosis of male infertility
If a couple more than six months can not get pregnant, it is better to consult a specialist. This problem can be as a woman and a man, and, perhaps, in both. In most cases, obvious symptoms of male infertility there. Suspect a bad can by the following features:
- Edema and swelling in area of testicles.
- Pain in the testicles.
- Delay or, on the contrary, premature ejaculation.
- The problems with erection.
You should also think, if the husband is the child sick with mumps (mumps), because this disease has a very negative effect on his future reproductive function.
For diagnosis the doctor will gather a medical history, conducts the examination. The patient goes semen analysis to identify the percentage of actively motile sperm. You may also need analysis to identify antibodies to sperm in the blood of men.
Is there prevention of male infertility?
Of course, will be if a man is able to become a father, largely independent from him. However, doctors talk about the specific prevention of infertility. It’s a healthy lifestyle, proper nutrition, regular sexual life, but with a small number of partners, physical activity. You should give up Smoking, drugs, alcohol abuse, avoid stress. Men do not wear tight underwear.
A great responsibility regarding the future husband lies to his parents. As a child, they must check that his genitals were formed correctly, the testes in time descended into the scrotum. Boys should be protected from mumps by timely vaccination in our country is carried out in 12 months and 6 years.