Though it is hard to admit, but 40% of cases when a couple cannot have a child due to health problems in men. But all couples need to know the diagnosis of infertility for men in the overwhelming number of cases, not a sentence.
Only in exceptional situations, when the causes of the inability to conceive is exposure to radiation, cancer and severe injuries, to correct the situation impossible. But in such cases, modern medicine offers different ways of conception, which are able to give the joy of parenthood pair.
Why do men reduces the ability to conceive a child?
Causes of male infertility there are many, but some of them are the most common. These include:
- diseases of the endocrine system;
- injuries and the wrong structure of the genital organs;
- varicose veins of the spermatic cord and testicles (varicocele);
- infections, including those transmitted sexually;
- inflammation in the genital system;
- harmful effects of chemicals, steroids, narcotics, tobacco and alcohol;
- problems in intimate life, such as lack of erection or its complete absence, premature ejaculation;
- benign or malignant tumors in the testes, which primarily affect the potency.
There are other less common, but still important factors influencing a man’s ability to conceive. The decline of the immune system, psychological factors. Also affected by the medication, including antibiotics. Do not neglect the warnings about the dangers of frequent visits to the baths and a very active sports. They can also reduce male fertility.
See also: Male infertility: 3 reasons the eyes of a specialist
Male infertility is of different types
Depending on the causes of disease, there are following kinds of male infertility:
- Secretory. Is characterized by irregular production and maturation of sperm. Is divided into two types: temporary and permanent secretory infertility. In the first case, a greater role played by negative factors from the external environment. It can be toxic substances or high temperature or air. As soon as the hazardous conditions cease to influence the man, everything comes back to normal. Permanent secretory form of infertility cause of congenital or genetic defects.
- Excretory. It is based on difficulty in the passage of sperm in the ejaculatory duct. In turn, the reasons for this are often spikes in the tubules of the epididymis.
- Autoimmune. The body begins to perceive its own sperm as foreign bodies and attacks them. This is possible when a violation of the natural barrier between the ejaculatory duct and vessels.
- Combined. Diagnosed this type of infertility, if the man observed the obstacle to ejaculation and violation of its maturation.
- Relative. Doctors put such a diagnosis, if there are no visible for modern medicine the reason not found.
Important: If you a year trying to conceive and nothing happens, contact your doctor. To make an appointment to professional at this link. The sooner treatment begins, the greater the chances of recovery.