Today, June 9, marks the international day of friends. This is another reason to remember those members of our society, which is so hard to find friends with autism. For them, socialization is a complex process that quite often they are not able to go on their own. So help the autistic children must begin with support and understanding society.
Special communication with the world
The main symptom of autism is excessive sanarena person in yourself and your inner world. According to statistics, on average 1 child out of 150 is born autistic. Such children very vulnerable, unprotected to the world around, they closed in itself, disturbing. The most difficult to grasp for people with autism are social skills, namely communication.
Autism is very difficult provides at first glance the usual things: the expression of feelings, communication with peers and adults, work with new information. But the things that they already know how to do, autistic people are used to perform almost perfectly, repeating many times the same action. Such people are sensitive to sensory stimuli: noise, lighting and the like. However, autistic people are very well focused on the details, so you can successfully perform a specific monotonous work.
Socialization of autistic children
Socialization is the ability to live in society according to its laws and traditions. The process of interaction of autistic people with the world around you is broken: they often ignore its existence, sensing the invasion of her comfort zone as the mishap or even tragedy. For the occurrence of autism to society don’t need drugs, they need psychological help and understanding of their otherness.
To teach the autistic children the best childhood, to be able to teach them to be independent, certain rules of conduct, norms of public life. So, the main rules of socialization of autistic children include:
- Establishing individual contact. Should, whenever possible, to try to follow the interests and wishes of the children, to understand them, to contact them.
- Every achievement of the child should be encouraged, sincerely praise.
- Training should be carried out without haste, step by step, the principle from simple to complex. Do not give your child large amounts of information.
- Child have a lot to tell, especially at the initial stage of learning.
- Adult speech should be clear, the proposal is clear and simple to understand without introductory words, repetitions etc.
- The learning process should be organized in such a way that the child is not distracted by background noise, other objects, and the like.
Controversial issue – the education of autistic children in mainstream schools. On the one hand, the company is moving towards inclusive education where all children are provided the same rights to knowledge. On the other hand, the autistic will be impossible to have time to learn the material to the extent that other children, learning and communicating, they will bring significant discomfort. Therefore, it is possible, you should arrange an individual approach to each child’s autism.
Implementation of autism in adult life
If they provide an appropriate environment, autistic children can successfully learn and operate, but this environment should be orderly and predictable. Autistic people can operate successfully in areas where it is necessary:
- To visualize information, to provide it simply, consistently, in small chunks.
- Use the estimated and unchanged technology works.
Unfortunately, in Ukraine very hard is the process of socialization of autistic children. It is considered a problem especially parents, when the child grows up, it is, in fact, is useless. To change this, you need to convey to society, how prevalent is autism and what autistic people are the same as full members of society and other people. It is very difficult to find friends, but they can almost perfectly perform certain actions and achieve excellent results in well-defined spheres of life. Give them a chance – that’s what you want from society.