Cervical erosion is fraught with threats that you should know every woman. Is a gynecological disease which is one of the first places in the world. Statistics show that faced with half of the women in the world. But not all of them know about it.
What is cervical erosion and different kinds of illness?
The disease is a violation of the integrity of the mucous membrane around the external OS of the cervix. These violations are sores.
Medical science distinguishes between two types of diseases: true and false erosion. The first type is the mucosa, which has undergone a damage. Over time, it covers the columnar epithelium. The latter extends from the cervix. Epithelial cells are gradually taking over new territory, but this does not stop their activities. They begin to grow into the damaged area of the mucosa that penetrate deeper into the cervix. This phenomenon is called false erosion.
About erosion – the phenomenon is dangerous, because this place will eventually appear erosion cancer. They constantly give away the secret, thus rejecting the squamous epithelium that is formed. As a result, the expression of a more extensive nature, which are capable of bleeding. Although it is not necessary, sometimes about cervical erosion does not manifest itself. For many years the disease can occur with a hidden character.
But there is another, much more dangerous situation – the risk of developing a malignant tumor. Gynecologists believe that cervical erosion is a major risk factor of malignant tumor of the body.
Why is there erosion?
To provoke the disease can several factors. Namely:
- Mechanical injury that can occur during careless sexual intercourse, abortion or childbirth;
- Wrong functioning of hormones, which appears to reduce the amount of estrogen and a sharp increase in the level of estradiol and progesterone. All of this leads to destruction of the epithelium of the uterus and the occurrence of ulcers on mucous membrane of her cervix;
- Inflammation of the vagina, which are chronic in nature. They can be caused by chlamydia, Mycoplasma, Trichomonas and other bacterial infections. As well as viruses such as herpes and papillomavirus, etc.
Why erosion occurs without symptoms?
The cervix is the passage between the vagina and the uterus. This place is almost no nerve endings. Therefore, inflammatory and other processes in this place, don’t bring the pain. No signs can be not only erosion, but have dysplasia and even cervical cancer. So often this disease is found almost by accident, during routine or scheduled doctor’s examination.
What tests are needed for diagnosis?
The doctor detects the presence of erosion directly on examination with a normal gynaecological equipment. But to appreciate how deeply damaged fallopian epithelium is possible only with the help of special tests like:
- Cytological and bacteriological examination to identify the microorganisms that caused the disease;
- Blood for analysis of hormones, to eliminate the cause of the disease because of hormonal background;
- Colposcopy is a detailed study of the depth of damage of epithelial cells and the structure of the damage;
- A biopsy necessary in cases where there is a suspicion that the epithelial cells degenerated. With this study doctors can find out in which cells degenerated epithelium – benign or malignant.
Effective prevention of disease, a timely visit to the doctor, even if you’re not concerned with no complaints. And fair treatment and execution of doctor’s recommendations.